This class assists with working with macOS apps. It provides functions for finding, checking the running status, version number, path, and many other values related to an application. It also provides support for launching, quitting, and other activities related to applications.
This extension differs from the
hs.applicationextension in several ways:
cp.appinstances are long-lived. You request it once and it will stay up-to-date even if the app quits.
- It makes extensive use of
cp.prop, so you can
watchmany most properties of the app and get live notifications when they change.
- Variables - Configurable values
- Functions - API calls offered directly by the extension
- Constructors - API calls which return an object, typically one that offers API methods
- Fields - Variables which can only be accessed from an object returned by a constructor
- Methods - API calls which can only be made on an object returned by a constructor